Image credits to www.calendata.com
Hong Kong is the best place to start your business. It has resources, community and many opportunities to jump your ideas in to reality. Hong Kong has all the facilities to begin a startup from government support to funding opportunities and finding right venture to help you. Here, you can join with the network of like-minded people. In HongKong, there will be number of networking seminars and events, by which you can find all the things to build your business here.
If you are ready to start your startup, then Hong Kong is the right place.
Hong Kong is voted as No.1 for Startups.
This 2014 Startmeup HK Venture program is helpful foe innovative, high-impact startups who want to expand their business globally from Hong Kong. The main aim of this program is:
- To provide a one-stop platform for all entrepreneurs to expand their business in Hong Kong and also gain access to financial, intellectual and social capital.
- Connect and collaborate the startup hubs around the world.
- Connect the startups with Multinational Corporations, Investors, Incubators and Universities etc.
- To promote Hong Kong as a leading destination and for innovation and entrepreneurship
The entry criterion for this program is open to application from founders (aged 18 or above).
It consists of two categories:
- Category One – Early to growth stage ventures with revenue and/or significant users/customers
- Category Two – Startups at the concept and prototype stage with no revenue
Entries who are applying for this program should submit the application on or before [31 July 2014], 12:00 noon Hong Kong time. After which the applications are not be considered.
The entries should submit, in English the online application form and a two-minute video, to get entry in this program. This application form has six sections with 26 questions. After entering your basic information and the questions are asked from the following topics
- Elevator pitch of the business, purpose of the business, problem/opportunity that is being addressed, product, its value proposition and innovation
- Team, including board members and advisers
- Competitors and competitive advantage, stakeholders
- Business model, sources of funding, financial information, milestones to date and three-year development path, assets and liabilities
- Impact and potential impact: economic, social and/or environmental assessment in quantitative and qualitative terms
- Links with and/or development plans in Hong Kong
You can apply to this program through this link: http://www.startmeup.hk/en/application/
The 12 winners of this program will receive benefits worth over US$500,000 like sponsored trip to HongKong, Business and Investment opportunities, meet with Expert Market assessors, receive high level mentor-ship to build their business in HongKong, media exposure opportunities and meet with global network of enterpreneures.
- 31 July - Closing date for applications
- Early September - Interview with semi-finalists
- Mid-September - 9 winners will be shortlisted from Category One, and 3 from Category Two
- 10-14 November - A five-day program in Hong Kong for the 12 winners
- 11 November - The 12 winners to attend a forum with pitching sessions where 3 Grand Award Winners will be selected by the judging panel and audience
For any enquiry, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org